Artists Web Management
LAST UPDATED: 1 June, 2011
Please note that this policy may be revised from time to time in which case this website will be updated to show the current policy. You can determine when this policy was last revised by referring to the "LAST UPDATED" legend at the top of this page. Any changes to the policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised policy on the site. Use of the site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised policy in effect at the time of your use.
By using this website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this policy. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this policy, please exit this site and do not use the site!
Note that throughout this policy, Artists Web Management is referred to as "we" or as "Artist".
Compliance with laws
You are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. You are also subject to United States export controls in connection with your use of the site and/or site-related services, and are responsible for any violations of such controls, including any United States laws and regulations restricting exports of goods, services and technical data.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE USE OF THE SITE BY CHILDREN: The site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). Individuals under the age of 13 should not provide any type of personal information through the Site.
Use of information
This site gathers two types of information: "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" ("Non-PII") and "Personally Identifiable Information" ("PII").
Non-PII is information that does not identify you as an individual and includes aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses, or any other information that does not identify you as a person. When you visit and interact with the site, Artist and third parties with whom Artist has contracted may collect NII (for example, a catalog of the site pages you visit). Non-PII is generally collected through the site from five different sources:
1. Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the site's servers, and administering the site.
2. Environmental Variables. We and our contractors may also collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables can be used to optimize your experience on the site.
4. Pixel Tags. We and our contractors may also use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") in connection with some site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1x1), that is ordinarily not visible to site visitors and may be associated with Cookies on the visitors' hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
5. Information That You Voluntarily Provide. We also collect Non-PII (e.g., your interests, your geographic location, etc.) when you voluntarily provide such information to us. Such information is considered to be Non-PII, as it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may use PII in a way that the end product does not personally identify you or any other user of the site, for example, by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who like a particular artist. We consider such aggregate information as Non-PII.
Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non PII, which does not personally identify you, with our contractors and other third parties, for any purpose.
PII is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number or other payment account number. We collect PII from you through the site only when you voluntarily provide it to us. We may use PII in the following ways,
1. To fulfill the purpose for which such PII was provided (e.g., to send newsletters to you or fulfill your purchase).
2. To send you important information regarding the site, or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information may be important to your use of the site, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
3. To inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you, if you opt to receive marketing messages. If you would prefer not to receive marketing-related e-mail messages, please refer to the text belong that explains how to opt out.
4. To allow third parties to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you, but only if you opt-in to company sharing PII about you with third parties for their marketing purposes. If you would like to later opt-out of receiving marketing-related e-mail messages from such third parties, please utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in such third parties' marketing-related e-mail messages and/or privacy policies.
5. To provide fans with news and information about our celebrities. As such, if you opt-in to company sharing PII about you with our celebrities, we may share PII about you with such celebrities and their representatives so that they have information on users of the site, and may use this information to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you. Although we seek to have our celebrities agree to abide by this policy, we do not control, and are not responsible for, their use of PII about you. If you would prefer not to receive marketing-related e-mail messages from celebrities, please see the "Opt-Out" section below.
6. To fulfill your purchase, when you make a purchase through the site, we may collect your credit card number or other payment account number (for example, your wireless account number), billing address and other information related to such purchase. We may also provide such payment information, or other PII provided by you, to third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card or payment account number). To the extent that payment information includes Non-PII, use of such Non-PII is governed by the provisions concerning Non-PII.
7. To permit you to send messages regarding site-related content (such as music clips or artist information) to a friend through the site. If you wish to use this feature, you may provide us with your friend's e-mail address so that we can facilitate your sending of such message to your friend. To do so, any PII you provide in connection with sending your friend such message, such as your name and your e-mail address, will, of course, be disclosed to your friend.
8. To operate sweepstakes, contests and other promotions through the site. We typically ask you for certain PII when you enter and, when and if you win a promotion. We reserve the right to share this PII with third parties sponsors of such promotions (irrespective of whether such promotions are hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to such promotion. You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each promotion in which you participate through the site, as they may contain additional important information about the use of PII and PII may be handled differently than is stated in this policy. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of PII about you conflict with this policy, the terms and conditions of such rules shall control.
9. To conduct data analysis, audits, and our own internal business and administrative purposes. We may also share PII about you with such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide data analysis, order fulfillment, and other business and administrative services.
10. To transfer any and all information that we collect from site users to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of company's business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Additionally, please note that if any celebrity is no longer affiliated with this company, we may transfer or provide a copy of any and all information that we collect from site users to such celebrity and his/her representatives.
11. To comply with applicable law, legal process, or governmental requests; to enforce our Terms and Conditions; to protect our operations or those of any our contractors or celebrities from illegal or tortious acts; to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Artist, our affiliated entities, our celebrities, you or others; and to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices.
Profiles. We may provide functionality on the site that allows you to create user profile and post certain information and materials on this profile page. Please note that your profile, and any PII therein, may be accessible to other users. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose PII about you, or any other information, in your profile. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF ANY PII YOU DISCLOSE IN YOUR PROFILE.
Information Posted by Visitors. Company may make available through the site services (for example, message boards, chat functionality and blogs, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials. Any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on the site becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the site and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services, certain PII (for example, a link to your profile that contains PII) will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose PII about you, or any other information, on the Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PII YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITE.
Third Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our site. Please note that these companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://www.doubleclick.net/us/corporate/privacy or http://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
Security. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect PII under our control. Security measures and tools, such as firewalls, are in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect PII about you, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the site or that is stored by us. We also seek to strike a balance between the security of your data and your convenience. We do this because we believe that our customers attach value to both. As a result, we will often use a method of communication that is less secure than other, less convenient alternatives. For example, certain data you send us, including PII, may be sent to us in unencrypted form. You acknowledge and agree that any information you transmit through the site is so transmitted at your own risk. If you are concerned that PII about you may be transmitted over the Internet in unencrypted form, please do not provide us with any PII. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the section ("Contacting Us") below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
Opt-Out. If you would prefer not to receive marketing-related e-mail messages from Artist or any particular affiliated entity, you may opt-out of receiving such messages by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in the latest such message you have received from Artist or such affiliated entity, respectively. Please note that following such "unsubscribe" instructions will opt you out of receiving marketing-related e-mail messages from the sender of the particular message from which you initiated the opt-out process, but will not opt you out of receiving such messages from other senders (including, as applicable, Artist, a celebrity, or other affiliated entities). Additionally, if you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing-related e-mail messages from Artist(s) or other third parties with whom we have shared PII about you hereunder, please utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in such third parties' or Artist(s) marketing-related e-mail messages and/or privacy policies, if any.
Sensitive Information. Please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us because email communication may not be secure.
Note to visitors from outside of the United States: By using the site and submitting any PII, visitors from outside of the United States acknowledge that the site is subject to the laws of the United States and its individual states. By visiting this site, you consent to the transfer of PII to the United States, which may provide a different level of data security than in your country of residence, and you waive any claims that may arise under your own national laws.